Employment Law Services for Employers
Successful organisations recognise that human resources are the cornerstone of their business and so place great importance on successfully managing and motivating their staff. The challenge for employers is to achieve this at a time when the burden of complicated employment legislation is greater than ever before and the risk of getting it wrong can prove so costly.
Our proactive approach encourages our employer clients to use the regulatory framework to help achieve their objectives and to effectively manage the risks associated with the employment of staff.
Our products and services are designed to achieve this.
Advice and guidance
To enable our employer clients to manage their day-to-day employment issues.
Our approach is to identify your desired outcomes and to ensure that you have all the tools and support you require in order to achieve them smoothly and effectively.
Advice and guidance is delivered by email, telephone and in face-to-face meetings.
Our A-Z of day-to-day issues that we advise on includes:
- Discrimination, including sex, race, age and disability
- Employee pay and benefits
- Exit negotiations and termination payments
- Formulation of employment policies
- Flexible and part-time working
- Managing redundancy and workforce re-organisation
- Maternity and parental rights
- Misconduct and disciplinary proceedings
- National Minimum Wage issues
- Performance issues, including sickness absence and ill-health management
- Recruitment – search and selection issues and offers of employment
- Restrictive covenants and competition
- Settlements and settlement agreements
- Transfer of undertakings (TUPE)
- Worker and employee status
- Working Time Regulations
- Workplace bullying and harassment
Individual or packaged bespoke employment documents. Our approach is to identify our employer clients’ individual needs and circumstances and to tailor their documents to meet them.
The A-Z of documents that we prepare and supply includes:
- Anti-corruption and bribery policies
- Anti-harassment and bullying policies
- Apprenticeship agreements
- Capability procedures
- Consultancy and sub-contractor agreements
- Contracts of employment
- Data protection policies
- Director and senior manager service agreements
- Disciplinary rules and procedures
- Dress and appearance codes
- Equal opportunities policies
- Electronic information and communications systems policies
- Flexible working policies
- Grievance procedures
- Maternity, paternity and parental leave policies
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements
- Service agreements
- Settlement agreements
- Sickness absence policies
- Social media policies
- Staff handbooks
- Time off for training policies
- Whistleblowing policies
Our service may include an audit of existing documents and a report on areas where improvements are desirable.
We devise and deliver seminars and classes to meet our employer clients’ training and development needs. They are designed to suit their audience, which may be at director, senior or line management level, and are delivered on a one-to-one or group-by-group basis.
- Carrying out a successful redundancy programme
- Carrying out a workplace investigation
- Changing terms and conditions
- Conducting grievance hearings
- Disciplinary issues and dismissals
- Employment law and HR for small business
- Employment law updates
- Equal opportunities and discrimination awareness
- Managing poor performance
- Working time issues
Employment tribunal representation
From time to time employers face claims from employees or former employees. We are experienced in acting for employer clients in defending claims and, when it proves necessary, we provide representation in employment tribunal hearings.
We will identify your objectives at the outset and we will recommend the strategy and tactics that are designed to achieve them.
Our recent defence work has involved claims for alleged breaches of many and varied employee rights, including breach of contract, unfair dismissal and discrimination claims.